Note: Disabling the use of index files will remove reverse trick modes and segment creation capabilities from the XLe
1. Go to Start > Programs > Vela Research -> Media Advantage > Server Configuration
2. You may be present with an error message about logging similar to must be one, none ,or both. Disregard this message and click OK
3. In the Configuration Options interface expand the "Index File Settings" node and set "Use Index Files" to �False�
4. Close the Configuration Options interface.
5. Close the Server Control interface and relaunch Media Advantage.
6. You can play files without indexing them.
7. Note that indexing is now off for everything. Including indexing files created by the MX encoder.